Sunday 1 May 2011

Holidays over .....

It's hard to believe today is the last day of the school holidays.  Term 1 was a long one, and the girls were well ready for the break.  We haven't done too much, other than a few days away in Wanaka at Easter, and several sleepovers happening with friends to keep the girls busy.  Here are some pics of beautiful Lake Wanaka and the surrounding mountains. 
This is the view from my in-laws home.......
Below is Treble Cone ski-field(obviously without the snow. lol)
The mountain vistas are simply stunning ........
The last of the autumn colours are still beautiful ........
...........as is the 'rooster tail' left by the jetboat..........
Sheep grazing down to the lake edge .............
And finally back home again, here is our Kelly baby, who is nearly one now, always keen for photos ........ 
(Don't you love my gorgeous carpet - Not! It will be a happy day at my house when I get new carpet/curtains/wallpaper. lol I just wish it was going to be soon!)    
So as you can see, there's been almost a total lack of stitching here lately, but as ever, I'll try and rectify that soon.  I did get back into an old hobby while I watched the Royal Wedding on Friday night - knitting - I haven't knitted since the girls were little, but have started a little vest for my cousins baby boy.  I'm a bit rusty, but am enjoying it so far.  And wasn't the wedding wonderful - brought a little tear to the eye.  It was so amazingly public, but still seemed intimate and personal for the Prince and his bride.  Beautiful!!

Hope to be back with some stitching or maybe even some knitting soon.......till then, take care and thanks for visiting me today ........ Nicky

18 comments:

Cardygirl said...

What beautiful pics of your pretty country.
I watched the wedding too...lovely!

Annie said...

Those views are spectacular! What a place to live.

I adored watching the wedding. That couple is just the perfect pair!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, Nicky! Glad that you had a great time away at the 'out laws' (!)!! The views are spectacular! Farm houses and gross carpet seem to go hand in hand!! (Although, ours is great cause it's a new home!) One day... you'll have new stuff! Get stitching! What have you been knitting?

rosie said...

What fantastic photos Nicky. You look you are on the top of the world there..

Michelle said...

Stunning photo's, sounds like a wonderful place to visit for Easter.
Don't get me started on farm houses especially carpet, the home we are in at the moment is only 2 years old when we shifted in and the previous workers trashed the place! Sad but true, the carpet isn't the best of colours anyway but Eeww I don't understand how it could be so grubby! And yes we got them professionally cleaned. I could go on but I will be gracious and spare you that ordeal! LOl

Anonymous said...

What beautiful scenery Nicky,looks like you all had fun and now for the serious stuff,lots of stitching,lol.

Michelle said...

Hi Nicky, wow what beautiful photo's, love scenery photo's! Enjoyed the royal wedding also, they seemed more relaxed, it did feel more personal(not as stuffy as his father and mothers wedding)well done them!!
Happy stitching, Michelle.

Nicky said...

Beautiful scenery pictures! It looks like a place worth visiting, I might have to put it on my "to visit" list.

Marg said...

Beautiful photos that remind me of how beautiful the scenery is around Lake Wanaka, I haven't been there for years.

Josie said...

Fabulous photos. What a fantastic view your MIL has. A trip to New Zealand is on my wish list.... when I win the lottery that is!
The Royal Wedding was simply perfect in every way. Lots of us here are hoping Harry will be smitten by Kates sister Pippa. :))

suzitee said...

What a beautiful part of the world Nicky...just divine. It's so hard to get any stitching done during school holidays, but hopefully the cooler weather will bring us all more stitching time :)

Carol said...

That does it--I'm visiting New Zealand someday no matter how long I have to save to get there! What incredible views, Nicky!!

I, too, was amazed at how "up close and personal" the views of the Royal Wedding were--almost better to watch it on television than be stuck way back in the church where you couldn't even see them :) I do hope there is a "happily ever after" for Will and Kate!

Grethe said...

How lovely to see your pictures of the holiday,
very good photos. Lake Wanaka looks beautiful!
Yes,such a lovely wedding,I was stuck all day in front of the telly, almost feeling they were "part" of me up here in Norway too:-)

Leanne said...

Oh that is breath taking!

Love Leanne

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous photos, Nicky. I must got down to your end of the country one day!! I enjoyed watching THE wedding, too. Everything was just perfect.

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous holiday pics......loved the wedding too........

Jody Herbert said...

Lovely pictures. I've also awarded you the versitile blogger award.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my goodness, the scenery is absolutely beautiful!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails