Wednesday 29 December 2010

Stitching my heart out

Hello -  How are things in your neck of the woods?   What a wonderful couple of days I've had - I'm making the most of all the rain we've been having and have been stitching my heart out.  Finally - it has been such a long time - the last stitches went into Leanne's Stitching Round the Block piece, here is a little sneak peek.  This is going back to Leanne and she is going to stitch her own Round Three.  Don't you love her colours? (Hi Leanne, it will go in post probably Friday when I go into town)  Now Raewyn, it's on to your gorgeous piece.............
And another long neglected project, A Gardener's Journal by Anni Downs.  I have completed some more stitcheries, but in my usual haphazard way, none of the blocks have all the stitcheries needed done, so no more piecing yet!  I believe the SAL deadline is March, when the girls are starting the next project, so better get my butt moving on this one too.  The new SAL project Chookyblue is organising looks tempting too .......
There have also been a few stitches into Virtues Sampler by LHN, below is a headless girl and a tree missing a branch, but progress all the same. Last time I photographed this, I think she had a head, but there was a very sad case of unpicking and restitching of the dress required. I hate it when that happens.
Believe it or not, there has even been a little stitching on some Butterfly Garden miniblocks, no pics yet though.   I think all this WIP stitching is to ease my guilt over signing up to stitch Vignette, the lovely new Mystery Block Quilt by Leanne Beasley. But really, how could I turn down starting a gorgeous new quilt of Leanne's when I already have two others of hers started??  Thankfully, I'm still waiting on the fabrics and threads ordered before Christmas, so that'll give me some time to work on a few other long suffering WIP's!

There's a brand new blog, Vignette in Stitches, for all those keen on stitching projects from Leanne's gorgeous new mag 'Vignette'.  Pop on over there and see what some of the girls have done already!  Thanks Perri for starting the blog and also to Ms Farmyard Crafts for tempting me into starting *another* project!  Didn't need much persuading though, did I?  Maree from Farmyard Crafts and I have something in common -  a very long list of WIP's - at least mine would be long if I finally finish making it.  AWIP list of WIP's! lol 
I think I really do need help - when I told her that she suggested I start something else! LOL

Can't thank you enough for the lovely comments about my SSCS and 6 Things swap goodies, I really appreciate you stopping by and reading and/or sharing your thoughts with me.  

Till next time, happy stitching to you ...........  Nicky

13 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi de hi, like you I've been just loving the rain, now it's stinking hot and dry. In fact I'm too scared to stand on one piece of grass for too long as it is just growing so fast.
Re you UFO's, me too!! That's all I'm saying as I aready feel very guilty about them.
Time for a BBQ
keep well
Miche'le

Deb said...

Hi Nicky, you're not alone with the WIP's hun, I know a few in my sewing room. One of them being A Gardeners Journal also. Better get organised, so much to do, so little time......

Chookyblue...... said...

nice projects your working on..........I know you will get the GJ done and as a girl with so many wip's you'll join us starting another project.......Tis The Season.........it is beautiful and less sewing then the GJ.......

Anonymous said...

Haha..... you can't blame me!! Well... maybe just a little!! It's so nice to have at least two people that I can successfully rope into joining these things with me!!! It'll be fun!

Siobhán said...

Nicky, oh my gosh, your projects are exquisite!! I love each and every one. I've never combined stitching/stitchery with piecing on quilts but Leanne's projects are so beautiful. I just might have to try some eventually!

Wishing you and yours a wonderful new year!

Nayala said...

Todo es un"círculo" en la vida. Todo empieza y todo termina... Aún los trabajos de bordados y los "Ufos" que quedan abandonados...
¡¡¡Ja!!! ¡¡¡Ja!!!
Feliz Año...

Leanne said...

ooh what fun to have a peak at the block.

Do you know where you can buy in NZ Leanne's magazine? I would like to get this one.
Off to see all the blogs you have linked to - but I am not starting anything new this year. GRIN.

Love Leanne

Rowyn said...

Lots of lovely stitching in this post Nicky. The lady with the cat on her lap and the dog at her side is lovely.

I think the bad weather was New Zealand wide. It was great stitching weather! Glad to say the sun is shining today though.

Unknown said...

It's Nice that you have been able to catch up on some stitching...it's all looking Lovely...
cheers

Annie said...

Your projects look like so much fun! Beautiful work as always.

The round robin piece looks so cool with those hexies. And that Gardener's Journal block is just too darn cute!

Have a great new year!

Nayala said...

Me encantan todos tus trabajos y espero que termines este año muy bien y lo empieces mucho mejor junto a tu familia...

Grethe said...

Nice to read it all,looking forward to seeing the new Mystery Quilt:-)
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you from me!

Unknown said...

Hi Nicky, you are doing fine with your project! It's looking great. Your work is really great.
Happy New Year to You too, may all your stitching wishes come true for you this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails