Monday 27 December 2010

Exchange Spoils ......

 Not only did Christmas morning mean lots of lovely gifts from family, but I got to open my two exchange gifts received recently.  First up was the 6 Things exchange organised by Maree.  My swap was sent by Barbara/Aunty Bee, and it was stunning.  Don't you love this bag, designed by one of my fave designers Rosalie Quinlan, aren't the colours gorgeous. 
 And look at all the other goodies, beautiful scented soap, scorched almonds, the lovely needle case I opened when it all arrived, christmas crafty magazines, a cross stitch book and a stunning Heaven and Earth Designs chart.
   
These are not for the faint hearted!  Look closely at the stitch count - I kid you not - 351 x 495, and I think I counted over 90 different thread colours used!  Maybe it won't be finished before next Christmas. LOL
Thanks so much Barbara for all these goodies, you made my day!  And thanks to Maree for organising this fun swap for us all to enjoy.

Next up was the much anticipated SSCS organised by Chookyblue.  My swap came all the way from Maricarmen in Argentina.  I had already opened this lovely little ornament when my parcel arrived, isn't it sweet.
This handpainted Christmas card is beautiful - in soft colours on something like vellum I think.  I love it!
 
 And here is the little quilt Maricarmen made for me - in pretty Christmas colours.  Thanks so much Maricarmen for adding another lovely surprise to my Christmas Day. And of course a big thanks to Chookyblue for organising this fabulous swap.
I'll be back later in the day with some pics of the goodies I sent out for these two swaps.

I hope your Christmas was wonderful too, and that Santa was good to you too!


Be back soon, Nicky

5 comments:

Tricia T said...

What fun exchanges! I kitted up a Heaven and Earth designs chart for my DD for Christmas. She is working on one right now and it is STUNNING, but 25 count over 1 for a bazillion stitches is a little more than I'm willing to do. I am considering getting one of their "Tiny Treasures", though. Thats only on 18 county and ends up being 5x7. :-) I *can't wait* to see your progress if you decide to make yours!

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful swaps gifts from both girls.........a very enjoyable xmas...........

thanks for being part of the SSCS 2010.........

Cubby House Crafts said...

Beautiful Gifts!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

How lovely to received such great gifts :) We are lucky to be able to join these things! So... have you started the cross stitch yet?! ;)

Rowyn said...

Ooh, lots of lovely gifts both given and received.

The HAED chart is beautiful. As much as I like some of them, I know I don't have the stickability for one. I pulled out a kit last night that is something like 245 wide by 197 high and am humming and hahhing about whether I should really start it or not. Maybe I should finish off some of my other large WIPS first!

Enjoy the rest of the festive season!

Related Posts with Thumbnails