Thursday 8 April 2010

Finally some Lizzie Kate pics

It's been a gorgeous day here today, so have finally taken some outside pics of my progress on Lizzie Kate Christmas Spirit Flip-it Series.  It has been a pretty quick stitch for me - when I started it seemed so big, but it's come together fast(so far anyway).

     

Won't be too much stitching for me in the next couple of days, I'm attending a family reunion over the weekend, where we are commemorating 135 years since my paternal great-great grandparents and their family of 7 children left Ireland for New Zealand.  My older brother is flying in from the UK tomorrow, so it will be great to see him again. I've never attended anything like this before, so am really looking forward to it.

Till next time - happy stitching!

14 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Your cross stitch is just lovely and it's a great time of the year to get ready for next Christmas ( which is creeping at a frightening rate of knots upon us).
Have fun with kith 'n kin at the reunion.
Miche'le

Rowyn said...

LK Christmas is looking great.

Have a wonderful time at your family reunion. I'm sure there'll be lots of drinking if it's an Irish reunion, lol ;-)

Unknown said...

Ho lovely to find another Kiwi blogger! Your L*K is lovely, nice stitching.

Have fun at the reunion.... the Irish sure know how to have fun!

Annie said...

Your stitches are always so perfect. That will be a beautiful piece when it's done.

Sounds like a fun time ahead. Enjoy!

Tammy said...

Lizzie Kate is looking great. I have been looking at these at the local stitch store but haven't broken down and purchased yet:).

Suburban Stitcher said...

Beautiful stitching...and beautiful pictures!

Ranae said...

The LK is looking great. I must really get around to stitching this, if I want it done before the holidays sneak up on me, lol
Have fun at the reunion

Siobhán said...

Beautiful stitching! Enjoy the weekend--it sounds like it's going to be an amazing time.

Deb said...

Your LK is looking wonderful. Hope that you have a wonderful time this weekend!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful stitching! Have a great weekend with all your family!

Carol said...

What a fun piece to work on! I hope your family reunion is special for all :)

Vinniey said...

The Christmas Spirit is looking pretty! Love the Sock and santa, the ginger bread is cute. Hope you and your family have fun at the reunion. :)

Sally said...

Your L*K looks fantastic!

Hope you had a great time at the reunion!

Katrina said...

Its looking great so far Nicky :) I hope the reunion went well and also, have a fabulous time on your up and coming holiday. Have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails