Sunday 28 March 2010

A lovely weekend stitching ........

I spent a fair part of Saturday stitching up this sweet little egg - beats me why I have only discovered Easter stitching this year, I think I might be hooked now. LOL. I bought this little design from here on Friday night, and stitched and finished it up on Saturday.  It looks a little squashed in these photos, but in reality looks a little taller.  Mine is about 3 inches high, by 2 inches wide, I think the original might have been made with a bit more space around the stitching.



Oeufs primitifs by Danybrod
Stitched on Waterlily 32ct linen, with DMC threads

On Friday night I also started the Lizzie Kate Christmas Spirit series.  I haven't got any pics of it yet, I've started in the middle and then kind of leapfrogged my way to the top, to get things all lined up.  It looks very messy at the moment, but is stitching up a lot quicker than I thought it would.  Hopefully you have found time over the weekend to do something that makes you happy too!!      Nicky

PS: A big THANKS to everyone who has stopped by for a visit!  I love reading your comments and visiting your blogs too.

13 comments:

Ranae said...

That is sure an adorable egg finish, love it.
The bunnies are too cute

Annie said...

Cute little piece. I love the soft colors.

Katrina said...

ohh, this is a lovely Easter design, so cute :)

dany said...

Merci Nicky !
Je te souhaite un beau dimanche

Melanie said...

Thanks for the link, she has some beautiful patterns on there. The little egg has turned out adorbable.

Siobhán said...

That is so cute! Congratulations on the finish.

Raven/Missy said...

This looks wonderful! You did a good job.

Valerie said...

Oh Nicky! You have been one busy bee! Your stitching is gorgeous and I am amazed at the number of projects that you have finished or made progress on! You go girl! Your finishing is just lovely!

All month long I have been watching the lambs frolick in the field behind the house and I have thought of you! Nothing like the first days of spring and the sight of little lambs running around and playing. Hope all is well on the farm and I look forward to seeing more lovelies from your needles!

Deb said...

Your finished is so pretty! You did a wonderful job on it! I like Danybrod's patterns quite a bit, but have seen few of them stitched - yours came out so sweet. I noticed you visited my blog and became a follower, so I had to pop right over to see what you're up to. I like your blog very much and now I've become a follower of yours.

Sally said...

That is a really sweet finish! Love it!

Tania said...

Gorgeous Easter stitchery! And why, oh why, do I always leave that Easter craft to the very last minute...?

Tree said...

Your egg turned out wonderfully - I have yet to do mine, I was trying to finish He is Risen in time for Easter and get the egg done as well, lol!

Anonymous said...

I love the egg; it turned out so cute. also,"good egg" is adorable!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails